Accessibility Links
Quick Send CV
Cookies on our website
By continuing to use this website we will assume you are happy to receive cookies as outlined in our cookie policy
Accept Policy

Social Work Jobs for Australian social workers

Did you know Sanctuary recruit Australian social workers to work in the UK?

Situation in the UK

A number of local authorities within the UK are currently looking for experienced, Australian trained social workers to work within adults and children services.

How do I know if I am eligible?
Is accommodation and travel hire available?
How do I get paid?

Job roles we recruit for

Due to our unrivalled client list, by registering with Sanctuary, you will have access to the widest selection of job opportunities for social workers in the UK. Sanctuary offers social work jobs ranging from newly qualified posts to senior management roles within adults or children’s services in specialisms such as physical disabilities, learning disabilities, mental health, hospital, care management, adults community and referral and assessment, child protection, looked after children, fostering, adoption / permanency, children with disabilities, leaving care and youth offending.

Popular places to work /culture

With over 200,000 Australians, London is currently the most popular place to work in the UK due to the vast cultural diversity and iconic sights including Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and the Tower of London and many more. London also features a number of world renowned museums and art galleries.

With over a million tourist visitors each year, Edinburgh is also one of the most popular places for Australian social workers to work. You can spend time at Edinburgh castle and the Edinburgh International Festival, one of the biggest annual international arts festivals in the world.

As one of the most traditional counties in the UK, coastal Cornwall is appealing to Australians due to acclaimed landmarks such as Lands End, St Michael’s Mount and the Eden Project. Cornwall also hosts the very best surfing beaches England has to offer!

Reassuring in terms of jobs and demand

If your social work qualification is not from the UK, you needn’t worry; local authorities always have a demand for experienced social workers within specialist services meaning Sanctuary is the perfect agency to help you find your first job in the UK. Sanctuary Personnel is a specialist social work agency with preferred supplier status to over 180 Local Authorities, leading charities and other private sector employers across the UK. Our team of dedicated consultants are able to search for the most suitable job that matches your skill set, in the area you decide to reside in.

If you are looking to come to the UK to practise as a social worker, please feel free to contact one of our consultants by calling +44 (0) 1473 280844 or by contacting us.

About Sanctuary

We work closely with over 180 local authorities (90% of the UK’s total) and key government bodies such as Cafcass, major charities including NSPCC and SSAFA and many private sector employers. With this extensive client list, Sanctuary Personnel brings you access to the most prestigious jobs in the social care sector.

Our compliance team has direct access to the online disclosure and barring service to provide police background checks (DBS) to offer fast, efficient registration for Australian social workers looking for their first locum contract in the UK. We are also able to arrange training and occupational health checks, meaning the registration process can start as soon as you arrive in the UK. In order to cater for requirements such as accommodation and hire cars, your designated consultant will help to have this organised before your contract begins.

If you are looking for your first role as a social worker in the UK, please call us on +44 (0) 1473 280844 or register with us where you’ll be able to apply for our latest jobs.

How do I know if I am eligible?

To be able to register for social work jobs with Sanctuary, you must have a professional qualification in social work from Australia which will then allow you to apply for Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC Registration).

Depending on your exact personal circumstances, you will need a visa to entitle you to enter and work in the UK.

For the latest advice, contact:

The Australian High Commission

The UK Border Agency offers guidance

Is accommodation and travel hire available?

If you’re unable to arrange accommodation in the UK, your designated consultant will be able to help organise this, along with any travel hire requirements you might have.

How do I get paid?

As a locum, you will be able to take away your responsibility of organising your own pay including tax deductions by joining an umbrella company. Your Sanctuary consultant will be able to guide you through this process when you register.

Latest jobs

Your search results returned no matching jobs
We have selected some jobs for you